Friday 6 March 2015

Some delightful news!

This will be a short entry, as I'm currently preparing my lesson for Monday afternoon. Miss Stacy has asked me to lead a writer's workshop at the school! I'm so thrilled to have this opportunity to revisit my days of teaching. The workshop will span over four weeks, and possibly longer, if Hetty King sees any improvement in her students' creative writing. I do hope I leave a lasting impact on their young minds, whether it relates to writing or simply how to find joy in everyday life.

Other than preparing and dreaming for Monday all week, I've gotten the chance to catch up with the Avonlea folk, as Marilla and Rachel held a sewing circle here at Green Gables. I heard so much gossip I could hardly believe my own ears. Not only that, but I had a lovely evening with Diana and wee baby Fred. I really cannot wait for the days when I have my own children, and when Diana and I will watch them frolic and learn and grow together, just as we did only a few short years ago.

Oh! I also had a surprise visit from none other than Josie Pye... Spurgeon, now (I always make the mistake of addressing my old schoolmates by their maiden names!) She was nothing short of a mess, sobbing out in agony over her loneliness, as Moody Spurgeon is off at seminary. It appears that she was to start with a clean slate, and outright apologized to me for being so nasty during our school days... yes, those were her very own words. She even invited me to come over for dinner! Certainly nothing like the old Josie I knew, but I will give her a chance to show that she's matured and grown past her foolish ways. I, too, was quite foolish as a girl, after all. I still tend to be a bit foolish as it is, though I'm growing better each and every passing day.

I have yet to hear from my dearest Gil, though I'm sure he's getting along well with his studies. He always manages to! Hopefully I receive a letter soon...

I really must put this journal away and get back to my preparations for Monday!

Forever yours,


Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment