Friday 13 March 2015

Back in the schoolhouse...

Spring is alive and well here in Avonlea. The snowing has ceased and the thaw has begun! How delightful it is to walk along the paths and hear the dripping of melted ice and snow along with the glorious songs of birds filling the air. Winter has passed and an exciting new season is just beginning to unfold.

My writer's craft lesson at the public school was quite a success. I am so enlivened by the sight of these young pupils finding their imaginations and living them out through their own unique work of writing. They are all to write a short story for me by the end of the month, and the ideas I've heard are numerous! Gus Pike, for example, wishes to write about life on the sea and the trouble of pirates, whereas other students are taking a more practical route. Regardless, I do hope they all use their full potential which is at their disposal in this project. I've become chummy with one student in particular, Virginia McRae, a dreadfully shy girl who took the courage to stand up at the end of class and thank me in front of everyone. She holds the true characteristics of a kindred spirit, for certain!

On another note, I've received a letter from Gilbert at last. He seems to be rather busy with school, as I expected, but I do believe I've been weighing heavily in his thoughts. I really am starting to long to be in his arms once again. He says he will be coming home for a visit soon, but in the meantime, has told me to keep my eyes open for something that is coming in the mail from him. I hardly know what it could be, but I'm waiting with quite an eagerness!

That will be all for now, journal... All I can say is each day unfolds with a new beautiful beginning, and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for me.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment